Feng Shui can be used to attract baby chi for pregnancy. Feng Shui was originally developed in China and it is considered both an art and a science. If you are wondering exactly what feng shui means, the
word "feng" means wind, and the word "shui" means water. It is thought that our spaces are filled with energy or "Chi". One goal is to make sure that
your living area has positive energy flow. So how can Feng Shui help with fertility and getting pregnant? Your environment can help create
positive baby "Chi". Read more:
Feng Shui Tips for Fertility
1. Clear out clutter that might be blocking energy flow - this also makes room for a baby in your life
2. Remove ceiling fans and large light fixtures over your bed - this is thought to empty the energy around the solar plexus which might
prevent a pregnancy from implanting or growing.
3. Remove mirrors from your bedroom and keep mirrors away from your front door. Mirrors are thought to push away energy
4. Keep electronic devices away from your bed
5. Do not store items under your bed
6. Elephants in feng shui, among other things, symbolize fertility - place an elephant in the West or Northwest direction. You can also
wear an elephant charm (see the fertility bracelet here)
which can also promote fruitfulness in the wearer. It is also recommended to put one elephant inside the bedroom door and another outside
the bedroom door to welcome your new baby into your life.
7. Avoid the color red in your bedroom as it is too hot and is thought to drain the baby energy. Try to incorporate calming and
gender-neutral colors like white, tan, ivory and gold.
8. Add a water feature to your house and bedroom like a small fountain.
9. Place a small dragon symbol or charm near your bed to conjure up Yang energy to help you conceive
10. Make sure there is nothing but open space in your entry area outside your front door. If you have a busy street, trees
or other obstructions outside your front door,try placing wind chimes on either side of the front door to counteract the obstruction
11. Put a bowl of pomegranates (which symbolize fertility) in your bedroom, but keep them fresh. You could also hang a picture of a pair of pomegranates
12. Consider using fertility friendly green sheets on your bed and painting the wall behind the bed yellow (the color of children)
13. Eliminate “poison arrows” near your front door and in your bedroom. These are sharp angular objects which create sharp corners pointing at you.
You can cover them up with plants, but don’t use plants that have sharp leaves creating more arrows.
14. Add a figure or statue of Buddha with children in the West area of your bedroom. Do not place this figure on the floor
15. Place a hollow piece of bamboo in the West area of the bedroom. This symbolizes growth, flexibility and freedom.
16. After you have cleared all the clutter from under your bed, place a bowl of uncooked white rice underneath the bed. This symbolizes fertility for
those sleeping in the bed. Before we knew the dangers to birds, white rice was thrown at weddings to bring children to the newlyweds.
18. Wear fertility stones such as Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Carnelian:
Rose Quartz is also called Pink Quartz. It is a popular stone for healing and is
frequently used in feng shui. The pink color of rose quartz is thought to attract love energy.
Rose quartz is thought to carry feminine energy and it targets the heart chakra. Rose quartz promotes vitality, energy
and fertility and it is commonly thought of as a fertility stone. It can also be helpful to put rose quartz
on your belly when you do become pregnant.
Amethyst is considered to be a healing crystal. It is supposed to strengthen the endocrine
glands which are at the root of hormonal balance and it is good for the nervous system.
It balances your energy and it is thought to be good for sleep which is essential if
you are trying to conceive. Amethyst is thought to absorb negative energy and promote positivity.
In the evening, after wearing this jewelry and taking it off, hang it in the southwest portion of the bedroom preferably
next to a picture of you and your partner and perhaps next to
a vision board of babies.
Carnelian is a stone that is orange and resonates with the sacral chakra which is tied to the reproductive system in both women and men. In Feng Shui,
Carnelian means "fire energy" and it is thought to bring passion to couples and add warmth to the home. It encourages abundance and its Yang nature inspires action.
Wearing this stone during meditation or prayer can help encourage a connection with your higher power and/or guardian angels. Orange stones, in particular, are fertility and potency symbols and are linked with conceiving a child.
Read more about Chakras and their associated stones here.
19. Fertility Goddess symbolism.
Most cultures have some type of fertility goddess. Using fertility goddess symbols that are meaningful to you can help increase your chances of getting pregnant. Most women and men find it easiest to wear jewelry
with goddess charms rather than carrying them around in other ways. After removing the jewelry in the evening, it is recommended to store them
outside the bedroom as it is seen as a sign of disrespect in Feng Shui to place a goddess in the bedroom. Perhaps place them in a jewelry box in the bathroom or
20. Turtles in Feng Shui:
Turtles can help strengthen energy and they provide protection and stability. Additionally they symbolize longevity and good luck. All these things are important
if you are trying to conceive. In other cultures, turtles have been linked with the fertility goddess Aphrodite,the Greek goddess of love and procreation.
21. Wear and decorate with the color orange to activate and balance your
As mentioned above in the fertility stones, orange stones like Carnelian resonates with the sacral chakra. However, wearing
the color orange and incorporating a small amount of this color in your decor can help as well.
(If you are entering this site on this page, please click on the "Home" button to the left for my story,
my articles, my blogs on fertility over 40, pregnancy over 40, miscarriage/recurrent miscarriage
and how to order "You Can Get Pregnant Over 40 Naturally"
book, DVD and CD.)
Click here for our line of fertility jewelry:
From My Infertility, Pregnancy Over 40 and Miscarriage Blogs:
Quick Reference Infographic
Embed Top 5 Things To Get Pregnant Over 40 on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below